Service is at the heart of everything we do at Rise. Volunteers play a vital role in helping us achieve our mission and enhance the lives of the people we serve.
In 2020, Rise was grateful to have 130 volunteers who gave close to 4,900 hours of their time and expertise to the people we serve. We had 39 groups of volunteers and 31 individual volunteers, plus 23 interns, who worked more than 4,000 hours on a wide range of special events, one-time, and repeat projects. Thank you volunteers for all that you do to support Rise!
There are many ways you can give your time and talents to help us further the important work we do. What are you interested in assisting us with?
Read more about how volunteers find ways to support Rise.
• You must be at least 16 years of age. If you are under 16 and would like to get involved, you will need to have a parent or guardian with you at all times while volunteering.
• You must clear a background check prior to service.
• Depending on your assignment, you may be required to complete specific web-based training prior to your first shift. This can be done from home and at your own pace.
• Complete the online application here.
• Once the application has been completed, Rise's volunteer coordinator will reach out to you with next steps.
Opportunities to Get Involved
For a list of current volunteer opportunities, visit our VolunteerMatch profile here.
• Mock interviewer
• Gala committee
• Art Speaks assistant
• Activity leader
• Financial literacy coach
• Building beautification projects (i.e. gardening or painting rooms)
• Large art projects with our Art Speaks program
Rise has several events and activities throughout the year that provide an excellent opportunity to get involved without a large time commitment.
• Gala volunteers – Facilitate games, usher guests to their seats, assist during the live auction, and more
• Servers at events
• Special events
• Gathering supplies to put together kits for people we serve
Read more about why our volunteers love to give their time to Rise.